ADSM-L

Screen saver troubles

1998-01-16 08:39:00
Subject: Screen saver troubles
From: "Anderson, Vincent" <VANDERSON AT OTS-MAIL-GATE.RUTGERS DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:39:00 EST
We have a group of Windows 95 machines that we are backing up with ADSM.
 We use the ADSM scheduler in prompted mode to back these machines up at
night automatically.  We also require the users to use a screen saver
that is password protected.

The problem is that the screen saver does not always kick in.  It seems
to vary from machine to machine as to how reliable the problem is.  The
complaints began soon after the scheduler was implemented on these
machines earlier this week.

Has anyone seen this before?  If so, what have you done about it?  If
not, do you have any suggestions on where to look for clues?

These machines are running the V2 client.  Might an upgrade to V3 help?

Vince Anderson
Rutgers University