ADSM-L

Re: Media Management software for AIX

1998-01-16 11:21:44
Subject: Re: Media Management software for AIX
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:21:44 -0600
     Hi Kelly,

     We *tried* using CA-Unicenter's tms functions.  ADSM totally ignores
     Unicenter tape device controls.  Besides that, implementing tape
     controls the CA way for non adsm stuff was...well..ugly!

     After a lengthy relearning curve, a more that sceptical view of ADSM's
     incremental forever paradigm, and some VERY practical first hand
     restores (done totally by developers with ADSM), we have abandoned any
     efforts to supply 'mainframe like' tape control in AIX.

     Regards,
     Al