ADSM-L

Re: RECOVERING AN ADSM AIX SERVER

1998-01-15 11:24:31
Subject: Re: RECOVERING AN ADSM AIX SERVER
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:24:31 -0700
After you recover the database, it knows about the pools.  Presumably, the
primary pools are gone and only the copy storage pools are left.  The next
step in the DR would be to start recovering clients.  If ADSM can't find
client data in a primary storage pool, it will recover it from the copy
storage pool.  You can certainly rebuild the primary storage pool, but you
probably would not do this since recovering client data is generally more
important.

In the longer term, after the disaster subsides, you may well want to
restore the primary storage pool from the copy storage pool.

With respect to the mirrors for the db and log.  I don't believe you need
to have both.  You will need to have the exact configuration however.  That
is, if the db was made of four pieces, a 100 MB, a 500 MB and two 200 MB,
then you will need to have the same files formatted and available on the DR
system.  Same goes for the recovery log.  I don't believe you would need to
have the mirror copies for each of these pieces.

Kelly