ADSM-L

Re: Stopping Backup/Archive Netware

1998-01-15 09:22:42
Subject: Re: Stopping Backup/Archive Netware
From: "Kuhn, Steve" <AEGISLAN/AEGIS/KUHNS%Aegis AT MCIMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:22:42 -0500
Assuming that this is a V3 client, do a [CTRL]-C from the Netware console.
 Be patient, and it will likely shut down on the client w/ a "Press any key
. . ." message.  It is much more reliable in this release.  It MIGHT work in
V2x, but there are spots where Netware will block it.

UNLOAD DSMC is risky in any release at any time the Netware machine is
pulling CPU cycles.  Look in MONITOR for the DSMC x processes.  It is a last
resort under those cicumstances.  Assume you'll take the machine down when
you use it.

Steve Kuhn, Network Manager
AEGIS Insurance Services, Inc.