ADSM-L

Tape Copy - Destroyed

1998-01-14 13:52:55
Subject: Tape Copy - Destroyed
From: GLENN VOELTNER <GVOELTNER AT CO.BROWARD.FL DOT US>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:52:55 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction for handling this
scenario.

We copy our ADSM backup tapes to another tapepool.  I have an tape in
this backup pool that has been re-used by RMM and no longer has the
ADSM data on it that ADSM thinks is there.  What is the best way to
eliminate this tape from ADSM's inventory?  I don't believe I can do an
audit since the volume is automatically kicked down when mounted for
ADSM ( I had tried to do a Move Data).  I'm concerned that if I delete the
volume I'll loss backup data.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Glenn V.