ADSM-L

USe of EXB-210 & ADSM

1998-01-12 13:52:44
Subject: USe of EXB-210 & ADSM
From: David Steen <steen AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 13:52:44 -0500
I am starting up a new backup site for several small machines. I am using
ADSM V2.6.1 for SUN solaris 2.5 and PTF 15. The server is a SUN Ultra 1 running
Solaris 2.5 with latest patch levels and I have a SUN Spar storage library that
looks for all the world like a EXB-210 with one exb-8505 XL tape drive inside.

The problem I have is that when ever I attempt to do a function that relies on
either timming or the systems knowledge of the tape being ready after a tape
load the whole system crashes and reboots.

If I issue a checkin libvol SUNLIB search=yes devtype=8mm stat=scratch  the
system reboots.

If I push the return key to soon ( before the lights stop flashing on the drive
) when I'm running dsmlabel  after entering the tape number. The system reboots.

If I do an audit Library the system reboots.

I am using the mt driver created by by the add_drv -m command run after editing
the mt.conf file as well as the lb driver made by editing the lb.conf file.

ANY CLUES?????