ADSM-L

Re: Cannot start server after sucessfull 3.1 install on AIX

1998-01-12 08:30:38
Subject: Re: Cannot start server after sucessfull 3.1 install on AIX
From: Tim White <twhite2 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 07:30:38 -0600
I have just gotton over this same issue. I uninstalled all but my device
driver for the tape library unit and then loaded ADSM server v3.1.0.0 and
the fix v3.1.0.1.  It then worked fine. If you must migrate, be sure you do
not have any logical links during install. There is a problem with installp
and logical links. I had to remove all links to the  "/usr/lpp/adsm..."
subdirectories. Then the install seem to work ok. If all else fails open a
pmr...