ADSM-L

Schedule Objects for Archiving

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Schedule Objects for Archiving
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 1/8/98 10:50AM
If the box is other than NT, I would also change the file specification to
c:\*.*    (NT treats the "." as just another character in the name so c:\*
will get you what you want on NT as specified.)

If I interpret the output you enclosed, what isn't happening is anything to
do with the D: drive - the Q schedule output says objects of C:\* only (no
D:), but the syntax of the command not only looks good to me - it also agrees
with the example in my manual.  ON the other hand, there are many
discrepancies between the command and the output, not the least of is the
schedule name.  IF in fact D:\* is not being acted upon by ADSM, and it has
been defined as per the sample schedule, then I'd call the support center.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    1/8/98 10:50 AM

I have been testing an archive schedule for some customers.  Below is the
schedule I'm testing with. The problem is with the objects defined this way
all that is being archived is the files in the root directory of c:  What am
I missing?  The documentation says that c:\* should:

"This monthly schedule initiates backup
 of c: and d: file spaces for all associated nodes.

 Command:    DEFine SCHedule standard monthly_backup DESCription="Monthly
             Backup of c: and d: drives" OBJects="c:\* d:\*"
             STARTDate=05/26/1994 STARTTime=01:00 DURation=2 DURUnits=Hour
             PERiod=1 PERUnits=Months DAYofweek=SUnday"

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
                                                                          .

Schedule Name: ARCHTEST15
                     Action: Archive
                  Objects: c:\*