ADSM-L

ADSM Storage Pool Tapes, Access Mode Read-Only?

1998-01-08 11:02:24
Subject: ADSM Storage Pool Tapes, Access Mode Read-Only?
From: "Richard A. Krogel" <rkrogel AT POP500.GSFC.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:02:24 -0500
Hello,

Error conditions in our STK silo have caused numerous tapes to be marked
with an error status and as read-only.  We have been unable to move the
data to another volume or reuse the tape by changing the access mode back
to read/write.  We would like to reuse these tapes by returning them to the
ACSLS scratch pool.  If we delete a volume discarding the data, is the
database updated as to the unavailability of this data?

Anyone have a recommendation of how best to handle this situation?

Thanks

*****
Richard A. Krogel                         rich.krogel AT gsfc.nasa DOT gov
Senior Principal Systems Engineer         http://www.rmstech.com
RMS Information Systems Inc.              voice:  301.286.3592
NASA/GSFC Code 550.9                      fax:    301.286.1730
Greenbelt, MD 20771                       page:   301.708.8353