ADSM-L

Re: ANS4147E invalid device error on nt volume set

1998-01-08 09:19:16
Subject: Re: ANS4147E invalid device error on nt volume set
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:19:16 -0600
Alex,

  We have seen this problem, and I have no explanation.  I scheduled a
backup of the "bad" drive via a bat file and the NT scheduler service.  We
intended to research the problem, but the machine was slated for
upgrade/rebuild and the problem was gone after this was done.  I could see
no discrepancy on the drive when looking with performance monitor, srvinfo
or disk administrator.

We have never had a chance to resolve the problem by using the ADSM v3
client.  If your server is v2, you can run the v3 client to see if it fixes
the problem, so why not do it?

good luck,
  Dan T.