ADSM-L

Re: DSMADMC MOUNTMODE CONSOLEMODE etc

1998-01-07 11:31:15
Subject: Re: DSMADMC MOUNTMODE CONSOLEMODE etc
From: "Stidd, Sharon" <SStidd AT ALLDATA DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:31:15 -0500
We also had this problem at my old place of employment.  What we did was
write a unix script (the server was on AIX) that would do a 'dsmc q
actlog begint=-:15' command and grep for the mount ANRxxxxx message.  If
it found one, it would page the operator on duty with the tape number to
mount. This script was set up in root's crontab file to run every 15
minutes.

Good luck!