ADSM-L

ADSM mirroring vs. AIX mirroring

1998-01-05 10:48:40
Subject: ADSM mirroring vs. AIX mirroring
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 10:48:40 -0500
I've been browsing through the ADSM archives at Marist and could not find
what I was looking for.  Setting up a new server that has ample space to
replace our old ADSM server.

What are the pros and cons of using ADSM and AIX to mirror the database
and log volumes.  Mainly focusing on differences between using AIX
mirroring and the built-in mirroring in ADSM.

I had considered a RAID configuration, but it seems like that is not such
a hot solution for the database for performance reasons.  Am I wrong?

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks, Development and Eval Services
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill      PGP by request