ADSM-L

AW: tcpip timeouts during restores

1998-01-02 03:40:11
Subject: AW: tcpip timeouts during restores
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 09:40:11 +0100
Mike,
we had similar problems a few months ago. The reason for TCP/IP failing
was a bug in the TCP/IP implementation for MVS:
When a client is idle for a too long time, the session gets cancelled,
that's how it should be. When the client is waiting for the host to
finish its database access, the host should - of course - not cancel the
connection. It seemed that the TCP/IP states got mixed up a little bit.

We got a bugfix PTF from IBM (I think V3.2) and the problem was gone.

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl