ADSM-L

Can't establish session over NETBIOS from 32 bit client to NT Server

1997-12-30 17:22:30
Subject: Can't establish session over NETBIOS from 32 bit client to NT Server
From: "John M. Sorensen" <sorensen AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:22:30 -0700
I am getting the following line(s) in my DSMERROR.LOG file when I start
the win32 BAclient:

NetbiosOpen: Reset of adapter 0 failed.  RC: 0x3.

followed by (the expected) sessOpen errors, etc.  This client machine is
running vanilla Windows 95; client ADSM version is 2.1.0.6.  The server
is a Windows NT server, running 2.1.0.13.

I have checked (to the point of exhaustion) the NETBIOS section in the client
and server options files.  The only network stack being run in this win95 client
is NETbeui.  I would have like to have run IP on this client (all other clients
are using IP) but for some reason (perhaps related?) whenever I install the IP
protocol, windows will no longer start.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!