ADSM-L

Solaris V3 client memory requirement

1997-12-23 16:19:53
Subject: Solaris V3 client memory requirement
From: Larry Robertson <Larry_Robertson AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:19:53 EST
I am about to install ADSM on our Solaris 2.5 servers and noticed that the
README file for the V3 client states under Hardware Requirements that the
Backup/Archive client needs 64MB of memory. The V2 README does not state what
the requirement is. I have installed V3 on out NT servers and it only has a
requirement of 16MB of memory. Some of our servers have less that 64MB so I have
the following questions:
1. Does the V2 client require less memory.
2. Does the V3 client really need 64MB for normal backup/archive or is required
only for certain functions.

Thanks for any information

Larry Robertson
Compuware Corporation