ADSM-L

V3-Nt-Client-A

1997-12-19 02:59:00
Subject: V3-Nt-Client-A
From: TOMAS NORBERG <TONO02 AT HANDELSBANKEN DOT SE>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 08:59:00 +0100
--- Received from CHK.TONO02  +46 8 7013620         97-12-19 08.59
  -> ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU
  -> ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU

Hi, Mathias

Try to set USEUNICODEFILENAMES OFF in the client option file.
(US English client)

We had the same problem with Swedish special characters and running
US English client. When we run the Swedish client there were no
problem with special characters.

  Good luck /Tomas Norberg, Svenska Handelsbanken

>Hi ADSM'ers,
>Hi ADSM'ers,
>
>I'm running an remote incremental from an Netware-drive via the
>NT-Client ( IP21169) and have the following problem:
>My users somtime use special-characters ( german umlauts ) in their
>filenames
>( like ä ö ...). With most of this files adsm has no problem.
>ut when coming to the file with the name 'ABGÄGÜ97.XLS' the
NT-client>crashes and I see 'Dr. Watson'. ( Error 0xc0000005 at
0x0000000 )