ADSM-L

Re: ATM / ADSM Throughput

1997-12-18 09:26:27
Subject: Re: ATM / ADSM Throughput
From: Randall Eggert <RANDYE AT MAPCOINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:26:27 -0600
Francois Morin <fmorin AT CA.IBM DOT COM> on 12/18/97 07:23:16 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Randall Eggert/TUL/MAPCO)

Francois,
I know every environment is different, but can you provide the numbers you
have used to tune your communications and ADSM for this throughput?  I
would also like to see > 20G per hour also.  TCP/IP and ADSM buffer sizes
on the client size and TCP/IP and ADSM buffers on the server side.

I am sending directly to tape for those clients that warrent it, Oracle DB
backups, Notes DB backups and allow the hardware compression on the 3590 to
provide the compression.  Still, I am only getting around 4 meg / second.

Thank you in advance
Randall Eggert
MAPCO, Inc.

Hello,
Try sending the data directly to Tape.  You can expect a throughput of
anywhere
between 17G-22G an hour.  Yes as high as
22Gig an hour.  You'll have to tune your ATM network but these numbers are
right.
Enjoy!
Francois.