ADSM-L

Notes Agent: Cannot backup opened database

1997-12-18 07:29:42
Subject: Notes Agent: Cannot backup opened database
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:29:42 GMT
Hi.

I'm trying to backup a Notes Database and keep getting this error message:

"NOTES: This database is currently being used by someone else.  In order to
share a Notes database, all users must use a Notes Server instead of a File
Server."

I've checked and the only process using the database file is the Notes
server. Even if no one  is using that database at that time, the server has
a hold on the file and this seems to be the reason for the backup falure. I
think the environment is correctly setup, as I can do a backup successfuly
if the database isn't opened.

Does this means that I can't do an online backup? Help, anyone?

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,