ADSM-L

Re: PORT 80 instead of 1500?

1997-12-16 16:22:37
Subject: Re: PORT 80 instead of 1500?
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 15:22:37 -0600
Ben,

 I get the feeling you already know what we are going to respond, but here
goes.

 Very often, a firewall is used to allow an internal network (intranet) to
have access to the Internet while still affording some security.  Since
port 80 is reserved for HTTP server access (Web pages, etc.) using this
port may cause trouble.  Obviously, no product that is not an HTTP server
would use this port by default.  You CAN use this port, if you wish, as
long a there is no HTTP server running on the same machine that the ADSM
server is running.  Just change the server/client option files.

I feel as if I have not provided you with the abuse you expect.  Please
don't feel slighted and overlook this as it is only a symptom of a long
day.

Dan T.