ADSM-L

Re: Using schedule for adsm db backups

1997-12-11 00:38:46
Subject: Re: Using schedule for adsm db backups
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALTEK.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:38:46 +1100
You are right when you say your little tidbit is little known!

My little suite did use the file= qualifier to make an additional copy
of the backup files on a removable diskette for offsite storage
purposes.  I allowed the system to backup its volhist and devconfig
whenever it felt like it but it still backs them up within the
filesystems managed by ADSM.  In the event of a total failure it is
necessary to be able to restore the ADSM db and these two files to
restore the filesystem containing the default backup copies (I
think).

Murray