ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & BackupExec

1997-12-10 15:16:16
Subject: Re: ADSM & BackupExec
From: Cyndi Wood x7440 <SNOCKW AT VMS.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:16:16 -0500
We are running ADSM on an NT server and using Backup Exec V6.11 to
backup Exchange. The strange thing I see is that everytime we run
a backup it loads the same tape and reads a little bit off it before
it starts writing out to the disk storage pool. We have 5 Exchange
servers and it behaves the same way when backing up all of them.
This is a pain because we have DLT4000 libraries and have to keep these
"special" tapes that Backup Exec likes in them all the time. I've been
meaning to call Seagate about this behavior.

I'm looking foward to ADSM's Connect Agent for Exchange. Perhaps it
won't be as temperamental as Backup Exec.

Cyndi Wood

 Cyndi Wood                      SAS Institute Inc.
 snockw AT vms.sas DOT com              SAS Campus Drive
 VAX Systems Support             E217
 (919)677-8000 x7440             Cary, NC 27513