ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes agent

1997-12-09 11:21:12
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes agent
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:21:12 -0600
Julie:

I just installed one test Lotus Notes server with the Connect Agent for NT
this past weekend. We're also using MVS as the ADSM server, but, at this
time, we're having some network problems that prevent the first backup to
the server to transpire. However, according to the documentation, you
should anticipate the initial backup taking longer than a usual backup
using the backup/archive client. This is due to the amount of "work" the
agent must do to differentiate between documents, forms, databases, etc.,
within the Notes environment. I just hope any subsequent incrementals are
going to be lightning fast (relatively speaking) because the current method
for backups in our Notes environment is NOT working well at all.

If you have any further insights concerning this, please let me know.

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM, St. Louis, MO
Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> on 12/08/97 03:30:54 PM
Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> on 12/08/97 03:30:54 PM