ADSM-L

NT Bare Metal restore

1997-12-04 11:10:27
Subject: NT Bare Metal restore
From: "Rodney S. Richeson" <rricheson AT AMXINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:10:27 -0800
All who are interested,

I finished the bare metal restore using NTRecover product yesterday.  I
am happy to announce that it was sucessfull.  I am in the process of
arranging my notes, but it was almost the same as the procedure outlined
in the Redbook.

The speed of the restore was painfully slow, as you can expect on a
115200 baud rs-232 line.  It took 5.5 hours to restore the 115mb.  I
have talked with Winternals, maker of NTRecover, and I am now on their
beta test for the product that will work with a network card.

This process that I have used is nothing special, although we are a
business partner and have put it together for a value add.  I will
distribute te write up to anyone, but I would like to keep track of who
I am sending it to.  If anyone has any objections to this please contact
me directly.  I am setting up a e'mail box and just send an email to
info AT amxsys DOT com and you will receive a MS Word 7.0 attachment with what
I did and the times, etc. involved.  I will in no way use the names for
anything other than distributing this one document.

Rod Richeson
AMX Systems, Inc.
rricheson AT amxinc DOT com
503.452.6078 Voice