ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:03:06
Hi Jerry,

You're right concerning the configuration. However, when I ask the server
after the information about the file space type, he comes telling me that
those file spaces are NETWARE-file spaces. The platform type is OS/2.
So normally, when I migrate to the next situation:

NETWARE Server => OS/2 Workstation / ADSM Client => MVS / ADSM-Server

                    becomes

OS/2 LAN SERVER => OS/2 Workstation / ADSM Client => MVS / ADSM-Server

the file space will become, I suppose, an HPFS-file space, while the
platform type remains OS/2.
However I can agree with your opinion that says that in the first situation
no binderies are being backed up.
This means that migrating to the second situation makes no difference. Why?
In that situation the ACL aren' being backed up either.
I must admit: it isn't the right situation, but at this stage we don't have
a choise.

Thanks for your reaction.
Greetings,
Bert Geebelen.

 (Embedded
 image moved   jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM
 to file:      01/12/97 17:51
 PIC18391.PCX)