ADSM-L

ADSM V3 CLIENT FOR NETWARE

1997-12-01 17:42:07
Subject: ADSM V3 CLIENT FOR NETWARE
From: "WINSOR.A@BCBSRI" <winsor.a AT BCBSRI.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 17:42:07 EST
A word of caution to anyone installing V3 on Netware: the NWIGNORECOMPRESSBIT
option does not work (yet) with V3.  IBM has opened APAR IC19430 to correct
this, but if you install the current release of V3 and are using
NWIGNORECOMPRESSBIT, you may see a temporary jump in backup activity (and the
resultant stress on database, storage pools, backup windows, etc). We
installed V3 on one heavily-used Netware machine a week ago and still haven't
caught up.  Once ADSM takes new backups of all the files that have been
compressed (or uncompressed) by Netware since we started using this option, we
expect we will return to near normal.

Alan Winsor
Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI
winsor.a AT bcbsri.e-mail DOT com