ADSM-L

ADSM Archiving under UNIX client on MVS server.

1997-12-01 13:39:31
Subject: ADSM Archiving under UNIX client on MVS server.
From: Donald Ludwig <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 12:39:31 -0600
     Hi,,,We are just beginning to do some archiving of files under a UNIX
     machine running 2.1 client code.  Our server is running 2.1 level 12
     under OS/390.  Here is the scenario. I have setup a ARCHIVE schedule
     to archive all files under a certain path.  When a file is placed in
     that path the next day shows the file is gone.  The DSMSCHED.LOG shows
     that yes it did ARCHIVE a file.  Now when we try to retrieve the file
     via the ADSM GUI, ADSM says it cannot find any files that match the
     specification.  But when we issue a QUERY ARCHIVES command through the
     command line interface the files show up.  Does anyone have any
     insight on what might be happening?  Is there timing considerations
     that we have to be aware of?  (meaning if ADSM archives successfully
     should the file be made available immediately after the archive for
     retrieval)

     Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

     Don Ludwig