ADSM-L

FWD:reclamation of offsite volume

1997-12-01 09:00:00
Subject: FWD:reclamation of offsite volume
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 07:00:00 MST
  Typically we get this message when one of the primary tapes somehow got into a
strange state, like "unavailable". To find the tape that it ADSM thinks it can't
find, run the "move data" (or even the "move data C00001 preview=yes) command
and
then look at the activity log to see what tape it errors out on.
  If you find that the tape from the primary pool is indeed damaged or missing,
you
will need to bring the copypool tape back onsite, change it's access to "readw"
and
then do the "move data".

Ben

                                                            Message# 823736