ADSM-L

Convertion from Netware to HPFS.

1997-11-28 09:22:22
Subject: Convertion from Netware to HPFS.
From: "Bert Geebelen AT cem DOT be" <Bert_Geebelen AT CEM DOT BE>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 15:22:22 +0100
Hi,

I've a customer who is making a backup of a Netware-server through a OS/2
workstation. He has now the intention to move his data from that novell
server to an OS/2 LAN server. He continues to make his backups through that
same OS/2-workstation. In the first situation de 'file space type' is
NETWARE.

So my question is: 'What will the file space type be, after he has been
moving his data form that Netware-server to the OS/2 LAN Server?'
Another question is: 'What are the consequences for the backups he made
before the move? Can they still be used after the move, but then on the
OS/2 LAN Server without having troubles with ACL's and that kind of
stuff...?

Does this sounds familiar to anybody?
Greetings,
Bert.