ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:03:49
Replying to: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM> (Wed, 26 Nov 1997
08:25:45 -0500):
[...]
>I assume that the original file still exists..... if it is sensitive, and
your
>customer is a pain, you could temporarily rename the file, then create a
dummy
>file, remove the exclude statement, back up the file, then add the exclude
>statement back, delete the dummy, and rename your file.  Then if you run
your
>incremental, the original backup should be gone.  (This whole scenario, of
>course, assumes that the "only copy" count is set to 1.  If it is not,
rerun the
>backup step until you have enough backups of the dummy file to equal the
count.

My approach to this is:

1. Define a mgmt class TRASH (VERExists=1 VERDeleted=0 RETOnly=0)
2. Include the unwanted files to TRASH (Include /u/file TRASH)
3. Backup the files
4. Exclude the unwanted files
5. Backup the files

--