ADSM-L

Re: adsm and raid dasd

1997-11-26 07:54:30
Subject: Re: adsm and raid dasd
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 06:54:30 -0600
Cindy,

  We run ADSM on NT using Compaq servers with their great raid
implementation.
  The servers have been set up with RAID 0 and 5.  ADSM runs with no
problems.
  I have always made the educated guess that ADSM uses OS calls to access
files and drives instead of any hardware direct calls.  If this assumption
is true, then any time the OS accesses the drives correctly, ADSM should
have no problem.

We have also run OS/2 and NT ADSM on IBM server 500's RAID with no ADSM
related problems.  However, that implementation of RAID fell short of
Compaq's design at that time.  I cannot speak to current IBM RAID designs.

Good luck,
  Dan T.