ADSM-L

Re: Archive schedule

1997-11-25 17:15:47
Subject: Re: Archive schedule
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:15:47 -0500
There is no "archive all local drives" specification. You will need to specify
each filespec that you want to archive. For example, if you want to archive
your C:, D:, and E: drives, then the OBJECTS setting would be:

OBJECTS="C:\* D:\* E:\*"

You would also need to include the -SUBDIR=YES option in the OPTIONS setting:

OPTIONS="-SUBDIR=YES"

Coding file specifications and/or options is often a point of confusion when
using the scheduler. The key thing to remember is that they are coded exactly
the same as if you were running the command from the ADSM command line
interface. For example, to archive your C:, D:, and E: drives manually, you
would run:

DSMC ARCHIVE -SUBDIR=YES C:\* D:\* E:\*

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support