ADSM-L

ADSM questions about backups/restores

1997-11-25 13:56:39
Subject: ADSM questions about backups/restores
From: Grupo PISSA <pissats AT ACNET DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:56:39 -0600
Hello :
        I have installed an MVS server 2.1 (don't know the level) and I'm
testing
it with NT client V2, and have the following questions for you to help me :

I deleted (on purpose) an entire directory and ask the ADSM to recover it
from the GUI (restore by branch), and everything seem OK until it stopped
on the last file, the activity on the server showed 0 usage of CPU and on
the client side, physically the file showed about 300 bytes less than the
original file, and the interface had not ending it's process. When the
client reached the IDLETIMEOUT, the server aborted the connection and freed
tape, and on the client side the GUI marked NO errors and everything was
OK. I repeated the process and did it again. Any ideas why it's not sending
those final bytes and ending without having to abort the connection ?
Buffers or something ?

Other thing, I noticed that the incremental backup backed up again the
directory ; why it did ? Supposedly it had shouldn't do it because it was
already in the db and I only restored the info, never altered it. If this
is how it works, whenever you recover one node it gets fully backed up
after the disaster ?

Thanks for your attention....Oscar Omar