ADSM-L

V3 scheduler service utility

2015-10-04 18:03:49
Subject: V3 scheduler service utility
From: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: internet.adsml at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/24/97 11:22PM
Date: 11/24/97 7:40PM
I haven't spent any time with this yet, but I did notice that the V2
installer (DSMCSVCI) is not removed if you install V3 over V2.  Does it still
do the job?  In other words, can we continue to use it?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/24/97 7:40 PM

Sorry about removing the menus....

We had requirements from a bunch of customers for being
able to install the scheduler service in batch mode so I rewrote
the entire utility to be used from a command prompt with no
user intervention..

I had hoped (and still hope in the future) to have a GUI front
end to this utility.

For now, here is an example for installing the scheduler service
on a local machine with the new utility:

       dsmcutil install /name:"ADSM Central Scheduler Service"
                        /clientdir:c:\adsmba\baclient
/optfile:c:\adsmba\baclient\dsm.opt
                        /node:NTMACHINE /password:adsmpassword

  where "ADSM Central Scheduler Service"  will be the display name of the
installed service,
         c:\adsmba\baclient is the client where the v3 b/a client files reside,
         c:\adsmba\baclient\dsm.opt is the client options filethe service will
use,
         NTMACHINE is the ADSM node name the service will use,
         and adsmpassword is the ADSM node password.

Note that if you can turn off validating the node and password on
the server by using the /VALIDATE:NO option
(but of course you need a valid node and password on the server for the
scheduler to run).

Hope this helps and if you have additional questions respond to me directly
or post on the list server.

 Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM NT Client Development
=