ADSM-L

Re: Excluding filesystems from incremental backup

1997-11-25 05:54:09
Subject: Re: Excluding filesystems from incremental backup
From: Dirk Pohl <Dirk_Pohl AT VISINFOSYS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 11:54:09 +0100
Hi Ken

Try this out

dsm -domain=" `df |grep /dev|awk ' { print $7 } '|grep -v
/filesystem_to_exclude` "

You have an AIX with Korn Shell

regards
D. Pohl
germany

kperdue AT MAIL.UCC.VCU DOT EDU on 24.11.97 20:45:21

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Dirk Pohl/Grevenbroich/VIS)

Folks,
I'm using the AIX 2.1.0.6 client, and I have a filesystem that I want to
exclude from incremental backup. The way I read the DOMAIN option, I can
specify the names of all filesystems that I want to INCLUDE in an
incremental, but what I really want to do is EXCLUDE a filesystem. It seems
that using the DOMAIN option, I'd have to update the list every time I add
a filesystem.

Is there a way to exclude a filesystem from backup without having ADSM scan
all the files (tens of thousands of them)? My backups are timing out and I
don't really need to back up that filesystem anyway (which contains Usenet
newsgroups).