ADSM-L

Sap backint parallel backups

1997-11-24 04:25:31
Subject: Sap backint parallel backups
From: Paul EDMONDSON <Paul.EDMONDSON AT DSS.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:25:31 +1100
     We are attempting to do parallel backups via backint on a sun sap box by
     specifying multiple management classes as suggested in the backint
     documentation. It appeared to work the first time. What we now see is the
     backint using two sessions, but the data from both sessions goes to the
     same volume, defeating the parallelism. Sessions alternately have a status
     of Media-w. We have tried with co-location off and on.

     What factors are influencing the sessions to both use the same volume?
     Has anyone got this scenario to work (and stay working) and what parameters
     did they use?