ADSM-L

Unable to restart AIX ADSM-Server :((

1997-11-24 02:19:28
Subject: Unable to restart AIX ADSM-Server :((
From: Maik Toma <q9hhfr AT POSTAG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:19:28 +0100
Hi,

my ADSM server is running for about 4 months very well.

Two or three weeks ago i added some administrative schedules to the server and
a few days after that i detect that the server process was unable to restart
anymore. Trying to start /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/rc.adsm the process died with
messages

        ANR7838S Server operation terminated
        ANR7837S Internal error LOGSEG871 detected.
                0x10034ABC *UNKNOWN*
                0x10032F40 *UNKNOWN*
                0x100338A0 *UNKNOWN*
                0x100046FC *UNKNOWN*
                0xD0776F50 p_thread_body

Following the "ADSM Server: Messages" binder, this error should be forwarded to
the IBM software service but on the other hand now i know (after i called to
the software service team) that my company have not yet an software service
contract, so IBM only accepts a reporting of the error by mail or fax and i am
not able to assign a severity of this error to IBM.

If anybody of you could assist me please contact me by mail.

Thx a lot and greetings to all wo work on the ADSM service,
yrs. Maik.