ADSM-L

Re: A rookie w/ AS400 tape setup problems

1997-11-21 15:52:01
Subject: Re: A rookie w/ AS400 tape setup problems
From: Robert Ford <rford01 AT MAIL.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:52:01 -0600
Scott:  We don't use a tape library on our AS/400.  We use a 3490 and
7208 defined as a manual library in ADSM.  As far as initializing a tape
on the AS/400 the owner should be QADSM, Vol. id VOL001 etc. and make
sure you check no for check active files.  You stated that you believe
that your problem is when you init. the tapes, however you didn't
specify what the error messages were.  Do you have the Write switch on
the tape cartridge set correctly.  Try initializing the tape with the
above parameters then check your job log if it fails and let us know the
error messages.  Hope this helps some.

Robert Ford
CIS III MSHP