ADSM-L

Misc. List stuff

1997-11-19 14:17:02
Subject: Misc. List stuff
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:17:02 EST
Just a couple items of list administrativa:

Some of you have mentioned having problems getting to the list archives
on the web.  We are aware of the problem, but haven't been able to track
down its source yet.  The program is only supposed to prompt you for
userid and password if the list is private (ADSM-L is not).  However, it
appears that sometimes prompts are issued for non-private lists.  If you
run into this, just cancel the box and then reload the page.  You can
also try closing out the browser and then trying to go back into the page.
The problem is transient, so you should be able to get in if you try again.
If you have the problem consistantly, drop a note to Harry Williams at
URHW AT MARISTC.MARIST DOT EDU.

Also, I haven't posted the annual 'list disclaimer' in awhile so here it is
(List 'old timers' feel free to skip this part):

ADSM-L is made available by Marist College solely for the mutual benefit of
ADSM users.  IBM does not sponsor or in any way subsidize the cost of
providing this service, nor does it control the contents of the discussion.
A number of ADSM developers and service personel do participate on the list
and their contributions have been very valuable.  Many of the ADSM-L list
subscribers have been helped to solve major and minor problems by the IBM'ers
on this list.  However, the developers and other ADSM staff are under NO
obligation to respond to problem reports or other questions posed on the list.
If you post a problem to the list, there is NO guarentee that it will be
fixed.  You post the problem only for the purpose of alerting other ADSM
users to it.  The ONLY way to guarentee that IBM will investigate and address
an ADSM problem is to report it through the standard channels (IBM Support
Center, IBMLINK, etc.).

Finally, if you want to get off the ADSM-L list, please send your note to
LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU, NOT to the list.  The text of the note should be:
unsub adsm-l.

If you are having problems getting off the list, or anything else related
to ADSM-L, you can send me a note directly.  Sometimes I get behind on my
reading of the list postings, and sending me a note directly will be faster.

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner