ADSM-L

backup db

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: backup db
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/18/97 8:23PM
You and your customer are not the first ones to come up with this idea.
Unfortunately, the design of ADSM does not allow this.  DB Backups must be on
separate tapes.

If you think of it, its probably a good idea - what if the tape with 4
backups on it becomes damaged?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/18/97 8:23 PM

Hallo,

I have a simple problem concerning the backup of the ADSM database. A
customer acctually wants to store several backup versions of the ADSM
database on the same tape. But when I try to do it, the ADSM server says,
that the tape is already in use. I tried it with the GUI and with the
command line but with no success.

adsm> backup db dev=<devclass_name> type=full vol=<volume_name> scratch=no

where <volume_name> is the name of a volume with an existing DBBackpfull.
Have you any idea about the reason?

Thanks in advance,

               Michael.

Me ektimissi - Yours sincerely

Michael Hagen
CompuNet Essen
System Engineering
Severinstrasse 42, 45127 Essen, Germany
Phone: 0201/2012-289, Fax: 0201/2012-123,