ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Lotus Notes

1997-11-14 08:43:32
Subject: Re: ADSM and Lotus Notes
From: Scott Temonia <Scott.Temonia AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:43:32 -0600
We are using the connect agent for Lotus Notes and it works really well.
We are not using it in a clustered environment.  We have a spoke and hub
environment and only back up the hub server.  The connect agent does speed
up the backups since it only backs up changed documents within the
databases.  Installation was very easy and we didn't encounter any
problems.  The only difference with the connect agent is that it does not
have a scheduler built in.  If you are running Notes on NT then prepare to
use the AT command or some other type of scheduler to run the notes connect
agent backup.

Good Luck

Scott Temonia
Network Engineer