ADSM-L

HPUX Client on V3 problem???

1997-11-13 14:51:00
Subject: HPUX Client on V3 problem???
From: "Alexander, Robert" <ralexander AT SHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:51:00 -0600
Hi All!

Does anyone use the V3 ADSM client on HPUX? I installed it into a
machine that was running V2 without problems,
but when I connect to a V2 server (also HPUX) and try to query a backup
using a todate and totime reference, I get a funny
thing. Suppose I type (on a V3 client):
dsmc -virtualnode=xxxxxx -pass=xxxxxx query backup -subdir=yes -inactive
 -fromdate=MM/DD/YYYY -todate=MM/DD/YYYY /usr

Suppose that MM/DD/YYYY is 11/03/1997. When I type the date, I enter the
first '1' but when I type the second 1 to get '11'.   I don't
see the second 1.  If I type it again, I get a '11' but I have pressed
the '1' key three times.  Either way, it doesn't return any files (if I
use
the display '11' which was pressing the 1 key three times or if  I press
it twice and only see one  '1'). I cannot for the life of me see why
the input of multiple characters does this. Has anyone else had a
similar experience?

From what I have seen and heard about V3... it will be some time before
we move it into production.

Thanks!