ADSM-L

ADSM won't start on WIN/NT 4.0

1997-11-12 11:44:29
Subject: ADSM won't start on WIN/NT 4.0
From: Bob Heerdink 972-604-2183 / 8-834 USEDS001 at IBMMAIL <useds001 AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:44:29 EST
I'm running ADSM on a VM/ESA 2.1.0 server.  I have many Win95 and NT
users who work just fine.  Today I have a user who has installed it
3 times on his Pentium 200 running Win/NT 4.0.  ADSM fails without
any error messages.  When he tries the gui interface from the Start
task bar he just gets a blank white window.

I had him try the command line interface from a DOS window.  This is
what I expected (pasted from MY PC):

  C:\Adsm32\baclient>dsmc
  ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
  Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.6

My user gets no reponse, no error message -- nothing.  If he re-boots
to WIN95 (he is running dual boot) ADSM works fine.  He installed
ADSM while booted to WIN/NT.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Any idea how to shoot this?

TIA,
Bob Heerdink, VM Support (972)604-2183