ADSM-L

Database size in Version 3

1997-11-11 13:26:21
Subject: Database size in Version 3
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:26:21 -0500
We have a need to keep 100,000 new files from one client every day, 5
days a week, for 7 years.  This is 182 million files.  By my calculation
(the utilization I'm currently getting on the database) this would take
118 GB of ADSM database space. (This would include keeping one offsite
copy).
Does anyone know if the way ADSM stores small files with V3 is any
different?  I know it can move them differently, with small file
aggregation, but is the database structure any different?
IBM... will I use just as much database with V3 as V2?
THANKS!
Julie Phinney
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM