ADSM-L

Help for understanding

1997-11-10 23:49:28
Subject: Help for understanding
From: Julie Xu <CCJX AT MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:49:28 +1000
Hi,

When I move data around tapes for the purpose to increase the usage of
tapes, an user tried to backup his machine:
  *I move data from tape storage backuptape to disk storage stgtemp
  *user backup his machine to disk storage backuppool ( if backuppool is
   full it will automatically magrite to backuptape).
  *The backuppool seems full
  *The magrite process did not run
  *or the magrite process do run but waiting for tape too long

At this case:
Do I will lost data somehow?

If magrition did not happen and it seems backup is finished with no
error, can I think it is no problem with backup?

Is anyway I can check my moving data and user's backup is successful or
not? (or I have not lose any backup data - we call it consistant???)

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie