ADSM-L

Re: Win 95 client registry restore

1997-11-10 19:40:09
Subject: Re: Win 95 client registry restore
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:40:09 -0500
In <34677423.633 AT humana DOT com>, on 11/10/97 at 03:52 PM,
   Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> said:
>We tried to restore the Win 95 registry by restoring the 2 .DAT files
>in the Windows subdirectory to a TEMP directory, then copying them
>over. We get a message on bootup that the registry is corrupt.  Is
>there more to a registry restore than what we did?   I notice the
>REGREST command is only for the NT client.

Use the Emergency Backup Utility (EBU) from the Win95 CD to make the
backup, and then backup the resulting directory.  To restore it, use
the normal EBU restore method.

Keith Medcalf       (416) 410-5791       http://www.dessus.com/ IBM
OS/2, LAN Server, DB2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows 95,  Windows NT
 Finger or email kmedcalf-pgp AT dessus DOT com for my PGP Public Key