ADSM-L

ADSM Backup for SAP R/3 with DB2

1997-11-10 06:24:05
Subject: ADSM Backup for SAP R/3 with DB2
From: Migon Alain <migona AT SYSTEMAT DOT BE>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:24:05 +0100
     Hello Adsmsers,

     I have a strange problem when i try to backup my data. I followed the
     instructions of the redbook "SAP R/3 and DB2 Administration Guide" to
     configure my ADSM server and client. When i make a backup trough SMIT
     menu i receive the folowwing error message either for an online or a
     offline backup:

     DB2admin: Start Database Manager

     DB2admin: db2 backup database PTP TABLESPACE PSAPUSER1D ONLINE USE
     ADSM
     DB2admin: start of backup at Mon Oct 6 17:14:39 DFT 1997 SQL2062N  An
     error occurred while accessing media "/db2/PTP/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".
      Reason code: "4". DB2admin: finish of backup at Mon Oct 6 17:14:44
     DFT 1997

     DB2admin: Backup failed. Error Code 4

     Check previous output for error conditions!

     Be sure that the following conditions are fulfilled:
     if offline backup:
     - no other applications are connected to the database if online
     backup:
     - roll-forward recovery is enabled and you have taken
     an offline backup after enabling it
     if Table space level backup:
     - roll forward recovery is enabled
     if backup to tape:
     - you have chosen the right tape device - the tape device is mounted
     - the inserted tape is not write protected
     - the media surface of the tape is not damaged
     (check with an explicit tar-command)
     Failure: Backup UNSUCCESSFUL (4) !!

     I checked the file file permission, the environment variable, .... , I
     also compiled a provided C program (adsmqry.c) to query the adsm
     server about the DB2 backup. This program work well with ADSM.
     Now i do not know anymore what to do.

     If anybody could help me........

     My softwares versions are :

     ADSM server 2.1.5.12