ADSM-L

Re: ADSM client V3.1.1

1997-11-07 13:45:16
Subject: Re: ADSM client V3.1.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 13:45:16 -0500
Kelly,

Please be sure to set the DSM_* environment variables correctly.

DSM_CONFIG=C:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM3\BACLIENT\DSM.OPT
DSM_DIR=C:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM3\BACLIENT
DSM_LOG=C:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM3\BACLIENT

The first one will, of course, vary with the location of DSM.OPT.

The second one, DSM_DIR, is the critical one. Based on the Admin error message
you included, this should fix that problem and may indeed be the source of the
problem with the backup-archive client.

The third one should be set so that DSMERROR.LOG will wind up in a predictable
location.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU