ADSM-L

Version 3 - No ERRORLOGRETENTION ?

1997-11-07 09:26:28
Subject: Version 3 - No ERRORLOGRETENTION ?
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 15:26:28 +0100
Hello,

I've just installed the Version 3 client for AIX 4.1.

When I start the client I get the following error message:

ANS1036S Invalid option 'ERRORLOGRETENTION' found in options file ''
ANS1036S Invalid option 'ERRORLOGRETENTION' found in options file ''
         at line number : 9
         Invalid entry : 'ERRORLOGRETENTION       14 D'

ANS1038S Invalid option specified
Huh? Is ERRORLOGRETENTION no longer supported? I've downloaded
Huh? Is ERRORLOGRETENTION no longer supported? I've downloaded
the V3 manual "Installing the client" and it still describes this
option.

The client works fine when I remove this option from dsm.opt

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen     SARA
Alexander Verkooijen     SARA
Systems Programmer       Academic Computing
alexander AT sara DOT nl        Services Amsterdam