ADSM-L

Re: serious ADSM/HSM problems

1997-11-05 18:07:27
Subject: Re: serious ADSM/HSM problems
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 00:07:27 +0100
 I wrote:

>We have serious problems with ADSM/HSM on our SP2. Since a couple of
>days our system hangs after recalling a couple of migrated files and
>it seems it has something to do with (dead)locking nfs-filesystems on
>which these recallprocesses are running. This blows up our fileservers
>and after a while our whole SP2.
>My question is: does the site who came up with this problem has some
>workaround so our machine keeps alive without disabling HSM?
>Btw: IBM is working on our problem.

 Well, we get a workaround from IBM:

 "We give you 8 SSA-disk's, you have to extend your HSM-filesystems
  and remove HSM".

 So, we keep HSM on one none-nfs-filesystem (because we have there
 over 100 Gbyte migrated data) and recalled all our files on the
 other filesystems and remove HSM.
 And I think IBM have to bring us every week a couple of SSA-disks
 to manage our filesystems..

 Henk ten Have

 PS. And yes Mike Leuthold, HSM software is out of our hands.
 PPS. And yes Richard Sims, HSM is still "fun", isn't it?