ADSM-L

New AIX V3 adsm client

1997-11-05 17:21:26
Subject: New AIX V3 adsm client
From: Peter Zutenis <pzutenis AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:21:26 +1100
Hi All,

I have just installed the AIX V3 client on one of my test AIX boxes and I have
noticed something slightly disturbing (to me anyway!).

When I do a ps -efa|grep dsmc on my AIX system to display the dsmc sch process
the password is displayed.

I start my adsm sched process with a command from /etc/rc.local  as below:

dsmc SCH -PAS=password 2>/dev/null &

Under the V2 client a ps -efa| grep would display as:

dsmc SCH -PAS=                 (the password is blanked)

Under a V3 client a ps -efa|grep displays as:

dsmc SCH -PAS=password  (the password is displayed).

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature".   Either way, how can this be
fixed ?

The client is: AIX V 4.1.5, PowerPC 850,  ADSM Client v 3.1.10.1
The server is: AIX 4.1.4 , SP Wide Node, ADSM Server 2.1.0.13.

Best Regards,

Peter Zutenis
Principal Systems Programmer
Philip Morris Information Services Ltd